Removing Paint From Glass
Poole Window Cleaning Services – 07963 483463
An article by Poole Window Cleaning Services from our cleaning blog on how to remove paint splashes from glass.
Paint splashes are a common occurrence after decorating and often result in blobs of paint being left on windows.
Paint can easily be removed but it needs to be done carefully so as not to scratch the glass.
All the tools required can be bought in any DIY store or department shops like The Range and Wilkinsons.
You will need:
- glass scraper with new blade
- microfibre cloth
- bowl / bucket of soapy water
It is essential that you use a sharp new blade in your glass scraper. Dull or blunt blades can easily get stuck in the glass and cause scratches or even take out small pieces of glass. It’s rather like shaving for which a new, sharp blade always does the job much better and glides more easily. The same applies when scraping glass.
These are the steps to follow:
- wet the glass using a cloth soaked in soapy water
- gently press the glass scraper below the paint to the glass then push upwards
- always push in the same direction
- wipe the blade after each swipe
- keep the glass wet at all times until paint removed
Once the paint has been removed wipe the glass with the wet cloth then use the dry microfibre cloth to clean the window and buff it to a clear finish. Alternatively, kitchen roll can also be used to buff the glass.
Call us on 07963 483463 for further information or to arrange a free no obligation quote.